Keep your office safe over Christmas
Top 5 things to remember when you finish work for Christmas.
1. Offices closed-up: Burglars will be expecting offices to be empty over Christmas and are likely to take advantage of this. Think about increasing your security; adding random security patrols or a static guard over the holiday period will deter any opportunistic intruders and keep your property safe.
2. Lighting: The best time for burglars is when the office is in darkness. Motion sensor lights and/or lights on a timer will make it a harder and less attractive target.
3. CCTV: There are so many different options when it comes to CCTV, such as remote monitored CCTV, motion sensor alerts or a simple unmonitored camera. Any option can provide you with some extra peace of mind, and even just a visible warning sign can help to deter thieves. Professional security companies can provide remote monitoring services, deploying a fast response if necessary.
4. Keyholders: If you don’t use a professional security company to provide keyholding and alarm response services, you’re relying on a member of staff (or yourself) being available at any time over the Christmas break. It won’t be a very relaxing or fun time if you’re continually on call – and if you don’t want to, how can you expect a member of staff to do it? And we haven’t even mentioned the safety aspect yet ….
5. Electrical appliances: Don’t risk a fire by leaving on a heater! Make sure everything is safely switched off. With the exception perhaps of central heating; if the forecast is for frost or snow the last thing you need to return to in January is a frozen or burst pipe!
Have a wonderful Christmas and if you need any additional security please get in touch.